10 aprile 2015

Hozier - Take Me To Church

MIm                   LAm     Mim
      My lover's got humour
                      LAm       SOL
She's the giggle at a funeral
                  LAm          Mim
Knows everybody's disapproval
                           LAm      MIm
I should've worshipped her sooner
                    LAm         MIm
If the Heavens ever did speak
                     LAm          SOL
She is the last true mouthpiece
                       LAm          MIm
Every Sunday's getting more bleak
               LAm           RE
A fresh poison each week
                   DO/SOL
'We were born sick,' you heard them say it
MIm                          LAm         MIm
        My church offers no absolutes
                             LAm       SOL
She tells me 'worship in the bedroom'
                        LAm        MIm
The only heaven I'll be sent to
                  LAm         RE         
Is when I'm alone with you
                 DO/SOL
I was born sick, but I love it
DO/SOL
     Command me to be well
SOL          RE SOL   DO SOL   DOm SOL
Aaaaaaaaaaamen. Amen. Amen


  SOL-FA#-FA#-FA       MIm
       Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
SI                                                           SOL
       I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
              LAm
Offer me that deathless death
     MIm                            LA-SOL-SOL-FA#              
Good God, let me give you my life                (2x)


MIm                           LAm          MIm
       If I'm a pagan of the good times
               LAm         SOL
My lover's the sunlight
                       LAm        MIm
To keep the Goddess on my side
              LAm          RE
She demands a sacrifice
                        DO/SOL
To drain the whole sea
                     MIm
Get something shiny
                        LAm           MIm
Something meaty for the main course
                      LAm            SOL
That's a fine looking high horse
                    LAm        MIm
What you got in the stable?
                        LAm         RE
We've a lot of starving faithful
                  DO/SOL
That looks tasty
                   DO/SOL
That looks plenty
               SOL-FA#             
This is hungry work     


FA#-FA       MIm
Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
SI                                                        SOL
      I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
              LAm
Offer me that deathless death
     MIm                      LA-SOL-SOL-FA#              
Good God, let me give you my life                (2x)



DO                  SOL              SI         MIm
     No masters or kings when the ritual begins
         DO          SOL              SI          MIm
There is no sweeter innocence than our gentle sin
   DO               SOL            SI           MIm
In the madness and soil of that sad earthly scene
     DO         SOL          SI         MIm
Only then I am human, only then I am clean.
SOL          DO SOL   DO SOL   DOm SOL
Aaaaaaaaaaamen. Amen. Amen


SOL-FA#-FA#-FA       MIm
     Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies
SI                                                           SOL
       I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
              LAm
Offer me that deathless death
     MIm                            LA-SOL-SOL-FA#              
Good God, let me give you my life                (2x)